An electrical panel installation is crucial for keeping the electricity in your home working safely. The electrical panel, also called a circuit breaker panel or distribution board, is where energy is controlled and sent to different circuits in the home. It protects against electrical overloads and short circuits, protecting you, your family, and your belongings. At The Neighborhood Electrician, we offer this service and more. You might need to upgrade your electrical panel for various reasons, including the following.
- Upgrading an Old Panel. Older homes may have electrical panels that are no longer up to code or can’t handle the needs of current electrical appliances and technologies. Upgrading to a newer, more efficient panel can help keep your home safe from electrical dangers, improve energy distribution, and meet your growing power needs.
- Increased Power Needs. Speaking of power needs, if you add new appliances, light fixtures, or outlets to your home, the current electrical panel might be unable to handle the extra load. An upgraded electrical panel installation can provide you with more amps, ensuring you have enough power for your needs now and in the future.
- Increasing Safety. Built-in circuit breakers in electrical panels trip when they sense an overload or short circuit. This helps keep your property safe from damage and keeps electrical fires from starting. If your present panel trips often or doesn’t work as well as it should, contact our team to assess your need for a new electrical panel installation.
- Safe Renovations. To make way for renovations or additions, you may need to install new circuits to handle the increased electrical load. An upgrade to the electrical panel can make room for more circuit breakers and ensure the new wiring meets safety standards.
- Improving Energy Efficiency. Newer electrical panels often have features that will enhance energy efficiency, such as better insulation and more accurate tracking of power use. These new technologies can help you use less energy and save money on electricity bills.
If you’re concerned about the state of your current electrical panel, call our team today for an assessment. We can review your needs and ensure you have a system that works best for your home.